With the explosion of internet and e-world, the computer networks, if not secured adequately, are getting targeted for a large amount of threats, and exploited further which can cause huge damages to the enterprise. The primary goal of this course is to give a good idea on various network security issues, how to identify them, and what are the proper controls that can be implemented to prevent these security issues.
Objectives of the course
The course covers fundamental aspects of security in a modern networked environment with the focus on system design aspects in the specific context of network / internetwork security. It provides information that the participants can apply directly when they go back to work.
Why should you attend this course?
The course covers fundamental aspects of security in a modern networked environment with the focus on system design aspects in the specific context of network / internetwork security. It provides information the participants can apply directly when they go back to work.
Who should attend this course?
- Technical people who are working in security
- Managers who are responsible or interface with security groups
- Any executive who wants to better understand the risks their organization faces
- Introduction and Case Studies
- Understanding the language of internet
- TCP/IP knowledge for security professional
- Protocol Analysis – Wireshark
- Portscan Fundamentals
- “Nmap”ing the Network
- Enumerating Network Services
- Security Controls – Discovery and Evasion Techniques
- Interpreting False Positive
- Denial of Services
- Smurf Attacks
- Packet Replay
- Fragmentation attack
- Unauthorized Access
- Remote Code Execution
- Attacks on Protocols
- MITM Attacks
- Internal v/s External Threats
- Vulnerability Discovery
- Automated Scanners - Nessus
- Common Security Issues
- FTP Servers
- SNMP Issues
- SMTP Servers
- VPN Security
- Web Servers (IIS, Apache)
- Exploiting the Enterprise
- Metasploit Framework
- Insecurities in Wireless
- WiFi Security Myths – Hidden SSID, MAC filtering
- Concept on EvilTwin
- Security Issues in WEP
- Understanding issues with RC4 Algorithm Implementation
- WPA/WPA2 Security
- Problems WPS
- Security in design
- Architecture Review
- Concept of DMZ and VLAN
- Device Auditing
- Configuration Review
- Firewall Auditing
- Rule Based Auditing
- Network Security Audit in ISMS Point of View
- Threat Detective & Preventive Controls
- Intrusion Analysis
- Log Management
- Administrative Control
- IKEscan and IKEprobe
- Athena Firewall Browser
The course was basic and new information was gained and hands on lab performed.
Faculty is excellent teacher. He can teach us by easy way & useful, hope to get another course with him in future.
I would like to extend my recognition and thanks for to instructor (Mahesh) for his professional knowledge and clear answer.
Ali Dhawi – Al Qahtani,
Faculty is enthusiastic, approachable & he is having brilliant presentation skills.
Saurabh Singh, Nomura, Senior Analyst
Faculty is having in-depth knowledge about the subject which has given a great insight to information security.
Kamal Kataria, Nomura, Network Engineer