The Institute of Information Security is one of the most trusted sources of hands-on trainings in information security, providing excellent unmatched practical training to individuals and corporates around the globe for over a decade. With the backing of our brilliant technical team providing consulting services for the past 18 years under the brand name of Network Intelligence, we are here to train, mentor and support your career in cybersecurity. Our emphasis on hands-on practical training gives our clients and students an edge to grow rapidly and advance professionally in their respective career(s).
We have put together a panel of brilliant trainers who have many years of experience in the exciting field of information security.
Keeping in mind the requirements of the industry our training programs are designed to prepare the candidates/professionals attending our trainings to meet the challenges they will be facing in real life situations.
Pioneers of Information Security Trainings
The USP of all our trainings is the hands-on that we provide, our focus is on real-life practical knowledge sharing, and not tool-based PPT slides. All our trainings are conducted by highly experienced practitioners who are dyed-in-the-wool penetration testers. The material is cutting edge and updated with even the most recent developments in information security.
Our company has been training professionals from various companies for over three years now. The essential elements of our training workshops are:
- Not just PowerPoint presentations. Our workshops include a very heavy emphasis on hands-on practice. Every subject is covered below ends with a hands-on exercise.
- Sincere efforts towards Knowledge Transfer. Our trainers will give you the complete knowledge they possess in terms of tools, techniques, and resources.
- Strong grasp of technical fundamentals. As the next few sections will show, our trainers have tremendous grasp of the technical details of the security of various technologies. We keep ourselves abreast of the latest developments and are always on the cutting-edge of security.
- Repeat clients. Companies such as BNP Paribas, HSBC, State Bank of India, Reserve Bank of India, BPCL, and many others are regular participants of our training workshops.
- Continuously improving methodology executed by a team of experienced trainers
Extensive Consulting Experience
We have provided the profiles of the consultants who will be engaged in this assignment. They are highly certified as well as experienced in network and security audits. Some of the pertinent certifications are:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professionals (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditors (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Managers (CISM)
- BS 25999 Lead Auditor (Business Continuity Management)
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor and Implementer
- Certified Ethical Hackers (CEH)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
Subject Matter Expertise
Our trainers are subject matter experts and possess practical knowledge of security issues faced by different organizations. Our trainers have worked on all platforms including mainframes and OpenVMS
In all our training exercises, be it part of an ISO 27001 implementation or an in-house workshop, our over-riding objective is complete and comprehensive knowledge transfer to our participants. We lay maximum emphasis on practical hands-on training, and believe that only by actually practicing the precepts can they be learnt best.
Commitment to Security Research
Our teams are constantly engaged in extensive research covering various aspects of information security and penetration testing. The results from these efforts have been well-received by the security community; some of these are listed below:
We are one of the few companies actively engaged in security research. Here are some significant research results:
- Books: 'Linux Security, Audit and Controls', an ISACA publication. For details, visit here
- Articles: Articles published at ISACA, Security Focus, and the Institute for Internal Auditors.
- Presentations: We have been invited speakers at international conferences such asBlack hat, IT Underground, Interop and IIT security conferences.
- Advisories: We have found security vulnerabilities in products from vendors such as Oracle, Microsoft, Macromedia, etc. For details, visit here
International and Domestic Accreditation
Our consulting arm, NII, is one of the first Information Security consulting firms to have achieved the ISO/IEC 27001 certification. The scope of our certification covers all our services, and ensures secure transmission, storage and disposal of all client confidential information. Our consulting arm, NII is also empanelled as a security auditor by the CERT-In, the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team, an initiative of the Government of India. NII is also registered with the United Nations Global Marketplace, as an accepted vendor to UN organizations such as WFP, FAO, UNESCO, etc.
We have a standard set of courses outlined in different information security domains. However, we also customize the training according to the clients’ requirements.