Mobile Device Management
About The Course
With the onset of Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD), the concept of Mobile Device Management has gained a lot of currency across organizations of all sizes. This training will provide an understanding to the participants how Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions secure, monitor, manage and support mobile devices which are used by the employees and managers. With the deployment of MDM solutions, participants shall witness how easy it becomes to enforce BYOD policy and comply with local laws and trans-border regulations across the enterprise. We shall look how MDM solutions optimize the functionality and security of a mobile communications network while minimizing cost and downtime.
What is Mobile Device Management?
Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution secures monitors, manages and supports mobile devices deployed across mobile operators, service providers and enterprises. MDM functionality typically includes over-the-air distribution of applications, data and configuration settings for all types of mobile devices. This applies to both company-owned and employee-owned (BYOD) devices across the enterprise or mobile devices owned by consumers. The intent of MDM is to optimize the functionality and security of a mobile communications network while minimizing cost and downtime.
Who should attend this training?
- Senior Management
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- IT Managers
- Security Administrators
- Access Managers and Operators
Why should you attend?
As the market for "smart" mobile devices continues to develop at an exponential rate, concerns about the safety of the sensitive corporate data present on mobile device also grow proportionately as the tracking the data, relying on its integrity becomes increasingly challenging. Enforcing corporate governance, complying with local laws and trans-border regulations also pose a serious challenge in this case. Hence a technical method must be there to secure, monitor, manage and supports mobile devices deployed across mobile operators, service providers and enterprises is need of the hour which has led to the development of Mobile Device Management (MDM).
After this training you will be able to determine to invest in a MDM solution based on the parameters mentioned below:
- Does the MDM vendor offer built-in support for malicious application scanning?
- Do you have to encrypt the entire device, or the provider lets you encrypt company specific or selected files and folders?
- Identify if there is a support for selective wipe which erases only corporate data in case a remote wipe is issued?
- Identify if there is any option for Automatic device provisioning?
- Identify if it is easy to search, custom filter and modify individual mobile endpoints for hundreds of managed mobile devices?
None in particular. Just arrive with an open mind :)
Table of Contents